Monday, January 16, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

So it's finally time for a first post. Here it is... Spinach Artichoke Dip!
For starters, this is a dish with major improvisation. I really wanted this first post out of the way and we had a few things up our sleeves (we being my roommate and I). After checking out a few other recipes to see what was generally needed and what I actually had a "recipe" if you will has been formed.
This is enough for a glass pie plate we have to be filled (not full, but filled). Plus, we only had so much cream cheese... Improvise, remember?
Also, I'd like to add that I didn't actually use a measuring cup... sue me. But I put in what looked like these amounts... you can measure if you want.


*no there isn't a crockpot involved my roommate was just making chili and it looked like a good background.



Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese *(we used the 1/3-less-fat Neufchâtel cream cheese)
1 can artichoke hearts -drained
1 can spinach -drained
1/2 clove minced garlic
2 tbs mayonnaise
1/4 tbs dried basil
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese... because that's what we had
salt & pepper to taste




FIRST: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

SECOND: Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, dried basil, garlic salt, and salt & pepper in a bowl.




THIRD: Mix in your cheese.




FOURTH: Mix in your chopped artichoke hearts and spinach.




FIFTH: Put this concoction into a pan and throw some more cheese on top of that bitch! *sorry if that offended any of my... viewers... *cough*... crickets chirping....




SIXTH: Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes.

Take out and enjoy.



Pretty simple right? RIGHT! And pretty dang delicious if I do say so myself. And I also have the roommate stamp of approval which always counts. I am currently chewing the last bite of the spinach artichoke dip on a bagel that I made (because we used the last of the cream cheese for this and I haven't had breakfast yet). I wish there was a button for a down arrow... cause that's it... down there... vvvv (not V's)



Yuuuummmm. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with this. And it's pretty good for you too... I think.
So there it is. My first post. And some pretty bomb spinach artichoke dip too. Definitely worth the 25 minutes cooking time and the 10 minutes MAX preparation time.
Alright. The End.
Get to cookin!

*** I'd also like to add that you could be eating this with anything. Such as... Oh crackers.. Chips.. Bagels, like us. Anything! Another thing. Refridgerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Questions? I would be more than happy to answer them!