Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cookie Bars

SNOW DAY!
Ok. So tomorrow is a snow day. Either way, I'm cooking.
Basically, I was really hungry and what was in the kitchen just wasn't cutting it. BUT I could manage to throw together some random things that were -hold your breath, please-  already in my kitchen. Love it. Speaking of things in my kitchen... these are currently in the oven! So excited. I just took a peek, and they look d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.
So, you want to know how to do it?
Easy.
I do want to say that I just threw this all together with what was in my kitchen. Feel free to improvise as needed.

Cookie Bars
Ingredients:

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oatmeal
3/4 c. raisins
1 c. coconut
1/4 c. chocolate chips
10 Hershey's Kiss (from my Christmas stocking... improvise, remember?)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit***

Step One: Mix your butter and sugars together. Well.




Step Two: Beat in eggs.
Step Three: Stir in vanilla.
Step Four: Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.




Step Five: Mix in oats, raisins, coconut, and chocolate chips.




Step Six: Spread in a greased pan (like a small square-ish one... I want to say 8x9 but I'm not pan expert).
Step Seven: Unwrap the candies and push those babies* into your mixture. *that was for you grandma




Step Eight: Place in the oven with care, and wait. I kept mine in for 32 minutes they were golden, delicious, brown, and still and little gooey in the middle (I stuck a toothpick in and is was so close to being clean. But not all the way clean. Cookies are best when they're gooey... or tomorrow.... drooooooool).



Enjoy. When cooled, of course... Well... Mostly cooled.

*** Ok so maybe 325 is a better route to go. Start checking them soon though if you do that. I should have done this, but we have a monster oven and I couldn't risk burning such wonderful things.

The Review:
YUUUUMMMMMM! These were just what I needed to satisfy my cravings. And they can't be half bad for you either. They have the perfect crunch. Coming from everywhere. I really love the coconut in this. It goes perfectly with the crispy cookie "crust" if you will. I must say I could live without the Hershey's Kiss in them I just thought I'd add some extra chocolate for the lack of chocolate chips. Remember, throw in what you have, improvise. It works... Or doesn't. And I'll also add that this got another roommate stamp of approval. Another note, I recommend milk.
Get to cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Questions? I would be more than happy to answer them!